Wicca is entirely different from most other religions. Wiccan schools are the best place to learn Wicca for beginners online
Various words and concepts are essential to grasp, and once you do, you may need guidance to help you find your way on your new path. Wicca is an ancient complex religion, and many practitioners follow different Wiccan schools of thought.
Let’s first clarify what Wicca really is
It’s not easy to review any system of beliefs in a few pages. Let’s try to cover as much ground as possible now.
- Wicca is a religion, centred on a relationship with divinity. It teaches how to live your life while following particular principles, beliefs, values, or rituals.
- Wicca is a Pagan fertility religion and revolves around at least one male god and one female goddess. The way Wiccans view the nature of a deity can diversify, but usually, we are Pagans worshipping the Gods and Goddess of many different Pagans’ pantheons.
- Wicca is a modern religion, started in the 1940s by Gerald Gardner. He had knowledge of numerous occult and esoteric studies. Together, with Doreen Valiente, writer, and his fellow occult scholars, they examine multiple complementary sources to piece together a workable religious system. They realize that need to base their system on an ancient Pagan Witch cult, gone underground to escape Christian repressions. Gardner managed to create a 20th-century religion, for a modern age that reconstructed and reinvented old practices and beliefs.
- Wicca’s religion is based on experience and observation only. For example, in Christianity and Judaism, people believe a God ‘revealed’ what he wanted them to know through the sacred writings contained in the Bible.
- Wicca has no scripture, and Wiccans do not believe that any Gods revealed anything. Rather than special instructions on what to do and not to do, Wicca gives us a framework for beliefs and practices. We learn through individual study, observation, and experiences.
Let’s learn what Wicca is not
- Wicca is not an ancient religion; it is a thoroughly modern invention.
- Another point to consider is that Wicca and Witchcraft are not the same things. Reputable historians have demystified this claim. A person can be a Wiccan Witch, and traditionally Wiccans do practice The Craft. But it’s no longer a given.
- Wiccans never worship the Earth. We respect the Earth, but Wicca practitioners worship our Gods. Wicca religion only relates to belief in the existence of our gods.
- For some, Wicca represents and identifies with every other Occult or New Age practice. This misconception is based on the situation, that Wiccans are free to attempt the Tarot, crystals, numerology, astrology, spirit animals, herbalism, runes, spiritualism, and much more. We recognize many different spiritual systems that go hand-in-hand perfectly with Wicca. Just remember, that doesn’t mean that they are Wiccan. They are just optional activities, they don’t make you a Wiccan and you don’t need to follow them.
- Wicca is flexible, but that didn’t mean that is “anything you want it to be.” It is a distinct religion with a particular framework. Flexibility doesn’t mean that every modern religion can be defined as Wicca. Wicca definitely is not everything.
- Wicca isn’t Satanic or evil. Wiccans don’t believe in Satan, and do not approve of acts that could be described as “evil.”
Learn Wicca for beginners online at Wiccan Schools
This blog explains the fundamentals of being a Wiccan. It shows that Wicca is much more than just a hobby in which you have to use witchy tools, herbs, or silver jewellery. Wicca is a lifestyle, not only dancing around bonfires once or twice a year.
If you want to learn more, have a look at some excellent Wiccan schools delivered as Udemi video courses, starting from 10$ for 5.5 hours of great content? You will learn all about real-life spells —how to write them and how to cast them. You’ll also learn about how to cast a love spell and foretell the future. You will gain some new insight into spells and how they really work in our life.